BALLARD LIONS CLUB FOUNDATION
GRANT REQUEST GUIDELINES
The Ballard Lions Club Foundation makes annual grants to support nonprofit organizations that will use the funds exclusively for sight and hearing programs.
- Grant requests are welcome between March 1st and March 31st each year.
- The Foundation directors review all completed applications and thenrequest a grant to the Harry L. & Clare Cayo Wilson Charitable Trust.for which the Ballard Lions Club Foundation is one of the beneficiaries..
- Granted funds are generally dispersed at the end of August..
How to Apply for a Grant
To streamline the application process, please ensure your request is written in a cover letter on your organization’s letterhead and includes :
- Contact person’s name, address, email address and telephone number
- Brief description of the organization
- Amount requested
- Purpose of the grant
- Impact in the community
- Number of people that will benefit
- If you received a grant from the Foundation the previous year give a report as to how the funds were spent and what recognition was given to the Harry L. & Clare Cayo Wilson Trust Charitable Trust. (Please attach a separate sheet if applicable)
Please review these limitations before submitting a grant application:
- An organization may submit only one application per year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
- For profit organizations can not apply
- Multi-year commitments will not be considered, nor should grantees expect routine annual funding.
- Grant requests will not be considered for salaries, direct payment to individuals, debt reduction, seminars, conferences or endowments.
- Grant requests must be for services and not for administrative expenses.
Submit the completed application package to:
Ballard Lions Club Foundation
P.O. Box 17419
Seattle, WA 98127